Effective date: August 1, 2018
1. About accessing and using our Services
1.1 You are responsible for the internet connection and/or mobile charges that you may incur for accessing and/or using our Services. You should ask your mobile operator or internet service provider if you are unsure what these charges will be, before you access and/or use our Services.
1.2 There may be times when our Services or any part of them are not available for technical or maintenance related reasons, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
1.3 Some of our games are advised to be played with headphones. Under no circumstances those games should be played in any situations, that need your undivided attention.
1.4 People with known health problems, physical or mental, should consult a doctor, if using our Services is suitable for them. By all means, if you feel uncomfortable while using our Services, immediately stop playing our games or using our Services.
1.5 Our Services and games, including all updates, are provided as is and as downloaded. A warranty of services cannot be given.
1.6 Our games save the player’s progress on the player’s device. Under no circumstances Mental Home is responsible for the loss or damage of this data.
1.7 WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM POSSESSION, USE, OR MALFUNCTION OF THE GAMES OR ANY OF OUR OTHER SERVICES, INCLUDING DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION AND DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY EXCEED THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID BY YOU (IF ANY) FOR THE LICENSE TO USE OUR GAMES OR SERVICES.
1.8 We are not responsible for:
- losses or harm which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you agreeing to these terms and conditions including those losses which happen as a side effect of foreseeable losses. This could include loss of data, loss of opportunity, service interruption, computer or other device failure or financial loss;
- any damage that may be caused to any device on which you access or use any of our Games or other Services that is caused in any way by our Services unless that damage is directly caused by our failure to exercise reasonable skill and care in the provision of the applicable Games or other Services;
- any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any of these terms and conditions; or
technical failures or the lack of availability of any of our Services.
2. User conduct and content
2.1 You must comply with the laws that apply to you in the location that you access our Services from. If any laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit you from using our Services, you must comply with those legal restrictions or, if applicable, stop accessing and/or using our Services.
2.2 You promise that all the information you provide to us on accessing and/or using our Services is and shall remain true, accurate and complete at all times.
2.3 Information, data, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, tags, or other materials may be sent, uploaded, communicated, transmitted or otherwise made available via our Services by you or another user (“Content”). You understand and agree that all Content that you may be sent when using our Services, whether publicly posted or privately sent, is the sole responsibility of the person that sent the Content. This means that you, not us, are entirely responsible for all Content that you may upload, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available via our Services.
2.4 You agree not to upload, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available any Content:
- that is or could reasonably be viewed as unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, libellous, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- that is or could reasonably be viewed as invasive of another's privacy;
- that is likely to, or could reasonably be viewed as likely to incite violence or racial or ethnic hatred;
- which you do not have a right to make available lawfully (such as inside information, information which belongs to someone else or confidential information);
- which infringes any intellectual property right or other proprietary right of others;
- which consists of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes' or any other form of solicitation; or
- which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
2.5 You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- Engage in any act that Mental Home deems to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Services or make improper use of Mental Homes’s support services.
- Use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Services, any Mental Home game or any Mental Home game experience.
- Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Services or any Mental Home game without Mental Home's express written consent.
- Disrupt, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect the normal flow of the Services or otherwise act in a manner that may negatively affect other users' experience when using the Services or playing Mental Home’s games. This includes win trading and any other kind of manipulation of rankings, taking advantage of errors in the Services to gain an unfair edge over other players and any other act that intentionally abuses or goes against the design of the Services.
- Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server ("Server") used to offer or support the Services or any Mental Home game environment.
- Institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Services, or other attempts to disrupt the Services or any other person's use or enjoyment of the Services.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or to the computers, Servers, or networks connected to the Services by any means other than the user interface provided by Mental Home, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that is part of the Services.
- Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive or engage in ongoing toxic behavior, such as by repeatedly posting information on an unsolicited basis.
- Post any information that contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content.
- Attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, including Mental Home employees, including Mental Home’s customer service representatives.
- Make available through the Services any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity or impersonates any other person, including without limitation a Mental Home employee.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Services or any Mental Home game, or to obtain any information from the Services or any Mental Home game using any method not expressly permitted by Mental Home.
- Solicit or attempt to solicit personal information from other users of the Services or any Mental Home game.
- Collect or post anyone's private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Services.
2.6 Mental Home reserves the right in its sole discretion to review, monitor, prohibit, edit, delete, disable access to or otherwise make unavailable any User Content (including without limitation your User Content) without notice for any reason or for no reason at any time.
2.7 Mental Home assumes no responsibility for the conduct of any user submitting any User Content, and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for inappropriate content or conduct. We do not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. Your use of the Services is at your own risk. By using the Services, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your expectations. You bear all risks associated with the use of any User Content available in connection with the Services.
2.8 The Services may include various forums, blogs and chat features where you can post User Content, including your observations and comments on designated topics. Mental Home cannot guarantee that other members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don't want others to use, do not post it on the Services. Mental Home shall have no responsibility to evaluate, use or compensate you for any ideas or information you may choose to submit. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Services and any other parties with whom you interact through the Services and/or Mental Home games. Mental Home reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes.
3. Availability of and Updates to the Services
3.1 We do not guarantee that any of our Services will be available at all times or at any given time or that we will continue to offer all or any of our Services for any particular length of time. We may change and update our Services without notice to you. We make no warranty or representation regarding the availability of our Services and reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Services in our sole discretion without notice, including for example, ceasing a Game or other Service for economic reasons due to a limited number of users continuing to make use of that Game or other Service over time, for technical reasons (such as technical difficulties experienced by us or on the internet) or to allow us to improve user experience. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY OR ALL OF OUR SERVICES MAY BE TERMINATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISK OF LOSS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TERMINATION OF OUR SERVICES.
3.2 You understand that the Service is an evolving one. Mental Home may require that you accept updates to the Services and to Mental Home’s games you have installed on your device or computer. You acknowledge and agree that Mental Home may update the Services and Mental Home games, with or without notifying you. You may need to update third party software from time to time in order to receive the Services and play Mental Home games.
4. Intellectual Property
4.1 You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to our Services (other than Content which is contributed and owned by players) is owned by or licensed to us.
4.2 Whilst you are in compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal, revocable limited licence to access and/or use our Services (but not any related object and source code) for your own personal private use, in each case provided that such use is in accordance with these terms. You agree not to use our Services for anything else. These terms also apply to any update or patches which we may release or make available for any of the Services and any such update or patch shall be deemed part of the Services for the purposes of these terms.
4.3 YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, OTHER THAN LICENSE GRANTED TO YOU BY THESE TERMS, YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY OF OUR SERVICES. You must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from our Services or any part of our Services unless we have first agreed to this in writing.
4.4 In particular, and without limiting the application of paragraph 4.3, you must not make use or available any cheats or technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of, our Services whether on a free of charge basis or otherwise.
4.5 You must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from any Content belonging to any other user of our Services.
6. Dispute Resolution and Law
If a dispute arises between you and Mental Home, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly via email to email@example.com to seek a resolution.
All disputes in widest meaning, about the game itself, the quality of the game and our services must be prior to any other action adressed in written form to us.
You agree that all disputes between you and Mental Home shall be governed by the laws of Austria, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Mental Home must be resolved exclusively by a court located in Vienna, Austria.
Mental Home e.U.
Westbahnstr. 33 int.12A